Robbie Samuels, author, consultant, and speaker, shares his thoughts on building real relationships, as opposed to superficially networking.
Robbie Samuels is the author of Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences. He expounds upon the issues covered in this book and lets us in on how to build actionable relationships in order to further your business or career. His advice is invaluable to all recruiters; please listen in as we discuss relationships and networking.
- The concept of Croissants vs. Bagels
- How to manage socialization in conference settings
- The role of the host
- The role of organizer
- Curating a good experience
- When and why to draft follow-up e-mails
- Networking vs. building relationships
- Ways to build real connections
- Three tips for recruiters
“Sometimes, spaces are harder to navigate than they need to be.” -Robbie Samuels
“Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” -Robbie Samuels
“I want them to stop wasting time networking and start building great relationships.” -Robbie Samuels