Dr. Ron Friedman shares his experiences working in HR and expands upon ideas from his book regarding healthy and productive workplaces on today’s episode.
Dr. Ron Friedman is the founder of Ignite80 and author of the book The Best Place to Work. He shares his experiences working in HR and expands upon ideas from his book regarding healthy and productive workplaces.
- Discovering how the corporate world works
- The most important lessons from his book
- Turning the theoretical into the practical
- What makes video and mobile games addictive
- Gamification and growth
- How rewards backfire
- How to get better results when interviewing candidates
- Giving and getting feedback
- The future of the workplace
- Three tips for recruiters
“What people want from their workplace is ultimately the same thing they want from every other domain in life, and that’s to have their basic human psychological needs fulfilled.” -Dr. Friedman
“What happens when a job becomes predictable is that you get bored…what we need is the opposite trajectory.” -Dr. Friedman
“It’s important for recruiters to realize…that the skills that make someone good at interviewing are not necessarily the skills that make someone good at their job.” -Dr. Friedman