Dr. Shawn Andrews share her thoughts about gender biases in the workforce and how it affects the ability for women to obtain leadership positions.
Dr. Andrews got her start working in the pharmaceutical industry. Studies of leadership and gender influenced her pursuit of a position in HR. She is now the CEO Of Andrews research international, an Adjunct Professor at Pepperdine University, and Author of the book Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and the Gender Divide. Join our discussion about leadership and gender. This is definitely an interesting episode.
- How studying leadership and gender lead her to HR
- The leadership gender gap
- Perceptions of women as leaders
- Barriers faced by potential female leaders
- What future organizations may look like
- Why some industries are struggling to diversify
- Why she is encouraged by current trends
- How to attract Millennial workers
- Leadership characteristics that skew traditionally male
- Perceptions of women’s capabilities as leaders
- Three tips for recruiters
“When you look at the statistics around leadership, men are leading every single industry worldwide.” -Dr. Andrews
“There are specific barriers that kept women from those upper levels of leadership.” -Dr. Andrews
“If you look at the tech industry in the U.S…they are roughly 70% Asian and Caucasian male.” -Dr. Andrews