Jeff Haden is the author of The Motivation Myth and Top 10 Inc.com contributor. He is one of my favorite authors and I enjoy reading his work.
On today’s episode, we discuss Jeff’s interesting career path; finding motivation; making plans; and myths and solutions that will help you understand how to move forward in your career. Tune in for a really interesting conversation!
- Jeff’s early career in Manufacturing
- Finding the motivation to pursue your goals
- How people de-motivate themselves
- Why the 5 year mark is a turning point
- How to avoid regrets
- Why whining is a signal to change your process
- Why a plan is more important than goals
“Motivation isn’t something you get; motivation is something you can actually create…” -Jeff Haden
“Research shows that planning a vacation can be as gratifying for people as actually taking the vacation…” -Jeff Haden
“Inertia is a big part of it: Even if you are unhappy with something, making that change requires some kind of action…” -Jeff Haden