Anne Sugar is a Harvard Business School Executive Coach, MIT guest lecturer, and writer for Harvard Business review. Prior to becoming a coach, Anne worked at Digitas in media planning.
On today’s show, we discuss her career path and how she coaches people to become better, more effective leaders.
- Anne’s background in advertising
- Having the perspective of how to spend your client’s money in the most efficient way
- Why she switched from advertising to business coaching
- How to self-brand when job hunting
- Characteristics that define a successful leader
- Identifying toxic workers
- The art of listening
“There is a creative aspect to, well ‘how do you reach that target audience?’” -Anne Sugar
“I think there’s a piece of research…that says we all have about five different careers in our lifetime…” -Anne Sugar
“If somebody says, ‘yes, you’ve got the funding’, stop; no more talking.” -Anne Sugar