Beth Porter is the CEO Riff Learning, an advanced machine-learning tool that enhances hiring and talent development. Beth previously worked at EdEx and Pearson; she has used this experience (25 years in educational technology) to help create Riff Learning.
Today, we peek into the not-so-distant future where behavioral tech will be used by organizations in order to not only hire, but also help create healthy teams.
- How Beth got into this line of work by mistake
- The biases towards affirmation or confirmation
- Understanding your own behaviors and how they affect others
- Using data in an affirming way instead of a punitive one
- Why she likes Riff’s video tool the most
- How normal orgs can incorporate Riff’s technology
- The goal of Riff Platform
“One of the thing that we are always looking for is: can we affirm something that we believe or do we feel that we have enough evidence to go against something that we believe?” -Beth Porter
“We take a very privacy-preserving approach at the outset.” -Beth Porter
“People do what they do…and we passively collect data behind the scenes.” -Beth Porter