Kelly Nestor is a technical recruiter and manager of recruiting at CoverMyMeds, one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US.
Recorded in 2018 when researching my book Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies To Save Your Company (Entrepreneur Press), Kelly discusses insights on the remarkably transformative power of agile methodology and its mindset that results in creating fluid, adaptable and creative teams and workplaces.
In this episode, we will learn:
- The fundamental values of the agile approach.
- Why agile’s not just for techies.
- How to empower your workplace to focus only on the things that add value.
- What happens when an organization develops a growth mindset and a culture of feedback.
- How to implement agile process and adapt it to your organization’s needs.
Kelly Nestor on feedback: “Critical feedback is something we get all the time. We look for it, because if it’s done if a productive way it makes us all better: a good culture of feedback catches you when you need to make improvements but gives you permission to fail if there is a reason to do so.”
On implementing an agile framework: “One of the results is that we can stop doing things that don’t add value and that means we have time to work on the most important things.”
Diagnose your organizations EQ to use the online diagnostic featured in Caroline Stokes’ new book Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies To Save Your Company.