Dr. Steven Stein is a clinical psychologist, founder and CEO of Multi-Health Systems, and expert on emotional intelligence. Dr. Stein regularly consults to global corporations, military and government organizations, professional sports teams, and reality TV shows. Dr. Stein has written several books on emotional intelligence, and his most recent book, Hardiness, will be available later in 2019.
Join us as Dr. Stein shares key insights and research-based takeaways on emotional intelligence, managing stress, and what it means to have a “hardy” personality—and how to cultivate it.
In today’s episode you will learn:
- The difference between resilience and hardiness.
- The incredible power of the three “Cs” in developing a hardy personality
- Why emotional intelligence is the key to great leadership and great workplaces
- Two effective habits for managing stress
- How to find and maintain perspective during stressful times
On the future of emotional intelligence and artificial intelligence: “Technology is taking more roles and jobs, but tech can’t take over emotional intelligence, and it’s not going to replace us in those jobs where you require emotional intelligence.”
On hardiness: “Hardiness is about going through something difficult and coming back even stronger. Think of it as a mindset. It’s the way you approach life.”
Diagnose your organizations EQ to use the online diagnostic featured in Caroline Stokes’ new book Elephants Before Unicorns: Emotionally Intelligent HR Strategies To Save Your Company.